Website United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on January 13, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Resettlement Assistant to be based in Nakivale, Uganda.
|Recruiter||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)|
|Position||Senior Resettlement Assistant|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 05, 2023|
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- – Carry out preliminary interviews and initial assessments to process refugees for resettlement following established procedures.
- – Prepare written documentation for resettlement submission; ensure that records / files of individual cases are updated in a systematic and timely manner.
- – Assess and review individual resettlement cases and prepare individual / group submission for scrutiny by the supervisor.
- – Provide persons of concern (PoC) with up-to-date and accurate information on UNHCR’s resettlement policies and procedures.
- – Comply with UNHCR’s standard operating procedures on resettlement, ensuring timely action on cases.
- – Follow up on cases from time of submission to final decision and departure; ensure effective in-country communication on the status and follow-up on PoC being considered for resettlement.
- – Assist in maintaining and updating proGres or Consolidated Online Resettlement Tracking System (CORTS) database and provide technical support.
- – Coordinate travel and departure arrangements for refugees accepted for resettlement.
- – Organize logistical support for governments undertaking resettlement missions.
- – Provide administrative support for resettlement-related training activities, including organization of resettlement workshops and meetings as required.
- – Maintain accurate resettlement statistics as well as up-to-date records on individual cases; assist in the preparation of reports.
- – Draft / type routine correspondence to Field Offices / Multi-Country Offices / Headquarters.
- – Systematically apply an Age, Gender and Diversity perspective in all aspects of the resettlement process; comply with UNHCR policy and guidelines on HIV/AIDS.
- – Assist in mitigating resettlement fraud by reporting suspected fraud.
- – Recommend eligible cases for resettlement consideration.
- – Provide counselling to PoC.
- – Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Job Title: Senior Resettlement Assistant
- Job ID: JR2310802
- Location: Nakivale, Uganda
- 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
How to Apply UNHCR Senior Resettlement Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: Feb. 05, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply for this job please visit unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.