Amazon Pharmacy is looking for a highly experienced program management and supply chain leader to join our Category Management team. This individual contributor role will be responsible for developing the vision, planning, and executing on 1-2 high complexity strategic projects in the first year, with scope including technology and process launches. The Principal Program Manager will interact with stakeholders and leaders across pharmacy category management, fulfillment operations, product management, engineering, and external vendors to deliver results. Strong coordination, organization, and communication skills are required to be successful in this fast paced, ever-changing business. The ideal candidate will have process, technology, and functional experience in supply chain, procurement, and inventory management, with pharmaceutical drug management a plus. This candidate will also have the confidence to project leadership starting Day 1, and drive recurring teamwide mechanisms for performance, goal management, culture, and accountability. While this role is an individual contributor, the ideal candidate has people and team management experience, and will heavily contribute to organizational and hiring decisions. The ideal candidate will actively coach and mentor junior staff.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us/
· BS or BA degree in Supply Chain, Business, Math, or Sciences
· 10+ years experience, with 5+ years of program management, supply chain, planning, procurement, or equivalent functional experience
· Masters Degree or MBA, with a concentration in Supply Chain or Business Process Management
· 15+ years experience, with 7+ years of program management, supply chain, planning, procurement, or equivalent functional experience
· PMP certified, with experience managing complex projects and programs
· Pharmaceuticals or healthcare industry experience (distribution, pharmacy, healthcare provider)
· People manager experience, with the prior experience coaching, mentoring, and driving performance management
Preferred Skills/ Traits:
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an aptitude for business and technical writing.
· Can understand, document, and improve business processes from end-to-end. Identifies sources of bottlenecks, inaccuracies, and errors, and actively changes processes or technology to optimize processes.
· Relentless focus on defining and achieving goals- for themselves, the project, the team, and the business.
· Ability to quickly earn trust and develop relationships with stakeholders, leaders, and team members with data, subject matter expertise, and respectful communication.
· Proactively dives into data to understand the state of the business and seeks to understand root cause, external dynamics, and technology deficiencies.
· Adept at navigating and understanding intermediate data concepts- tables, queries, data flow, and systems integration.
· Champions for the customer and overall excellence, and can bring the entire team along for the ride.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.