Website United Nations Environment Programme
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on August 30, 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Staff Assistant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Environment Programme|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||High school diploma|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||Sep. 27, 2022|
UNEP Job Vacancy 2022
- Assists in the coordination of programme/project planning and preparation work for the Unit programme/ project initiatives (partnership due diligence, legal agreement drafting); monitors status of programme/project proposals and receipt of relevant documentation for review and approval.
- Compiles, summarizes, and presents basic information/data on specific programmes /project and related topics or issues.
- Provide support to the respective Programme Officers in reviewing project documents for completeness and compliance with relevant rules and procedures prior to submission for final approval and signature.
- Reviews budget revisions; verifies availability of funds; ensures necessary approval and entry in computerized budget system.
- Serves as focal point for administrative coordination of programme /project implementation activities, involving extensive liaison with diverse organizational units to initiate requests, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions, e.g. recruitment and appointment of personnel, travel arrangements, training/study tours, meeting logistics, authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services.
- Compiles, summarizes and enters data on project delivery; drafts related status reports, identifying shortfalls in delivery, budget overruns, and brings to the attention of management.
- Drafts correspondence on budget-related issues and prepares and updates periodic reports, briefing notes, graphic and statistical summaries, accounting spreadsheets.
- Provides general office assistance; responds to complex information requests and inquiries; reviews, logs and routes incoming correspondence; sets up and maintains files/records; organizes meetings, workshops; handles routine administrative tasks, such as maintaining attendance records, documenting meeting decisions, drafting agendas.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: STAFF ASSISTANT, G5
- Job Code Title: Programme Management Assistant
- Department/Office: United Nations Environment Programme
- Duty Station: NAIROBI
- Posting Period: 29 August 2022 – 27 September 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Programme Management-UNEP-185985-R-Nairobi (X)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST.
- The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
- Five (5) years of experience in programme or project administration, budget monitoring and planning, technical cooperation or related area is required.
- Experience in the UN or a similar international organization is desirable.
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
How to Apply UNEP Staff Assistant Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=185985
The Closing Date: Sep. 27, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply for this job please visit careers.un.org.