Website United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA )
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 20th May 2022 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of TCND/ Consultant NetDevelOps Engineer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa|
|Position||TCND/ Consultant NetDevelOps Engineer|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||22|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||26th May 2022|
UNECA Job Vacancy 2022
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the guidance of the Director of Technology, Climate Change & Natural Resource Management Division (TCND) and the supervision of the Chief of the Technology and Innovation Section, the Consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Be an active member of National ID team focused on the design and planning, evaluation and integration of: network engineering, network DevOps, network programmability and network testing of various existing and new vendor solutions.
- Collaborate with other systems engineers in implementing Network Ops specific CI/CD best practices
- Participate in requirements definition, design and backlog management of network related architecture, software development and testing activities.
- Evaluate technologies and solutions to increase network programmability, network automation, network simulation & testing, and network DevOps capability in support of the national ID mission requirements.
- Mentor and share knowledge, experiences and best practices with other engineers in network engineering and DevOps
- Extend technical support during preparation, installation and system maintenance.
- Create overview, design and as-built professional technical documentations and present for internal and external use.
- Network and system integration activities to implement third party organizations integration.
- Develop, test and deploy network configuration scripts to manage through Infrastructure as Code (IaC) the next generation of routers, switches, gateways, firewalls, intrusion detection, and endpoint protection devices
- Develop and automate change validation to tools before roll out and handle validation.
- Participate in the development and testing of network device and network service data models in support of model-driven programmability and automation
- Participate in an effort to automate processes that collect, normalize, and analyze network log telemetry data
- Assist in the analysis of network data for trends and anomalies that compare and adjust network data models
- Work in a team that will automate provision, configure, deploy, and administer secure enterprise network resources on premises in the Data Center and in private and government clouds via device abstraction and APIs
- Participate in evaluating systems and solutions that will assist in establishing the network source of truth (e.g., network discovery tools, CMDB, IPAM, DCIM, ITIM, ITSM, SCM-INV)
- Leverage industry’s best practices and enterprise architecture frameworks such as IETF, OpenConfig, TOGAF, DoDAF, etc
- Participate and work within Network Engineering, NetDevOps, Zero Trust and SecDevOps best practices.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: TCND/ Consultant NetDevelOps Engineer
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 20 May 2022 – 26 May 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Economic Commission for Africa-181790-Consultant
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in a field related to computer science or engineering or related field or other relevant area is required. A first-level university degree in a field related to computer science or engineering or related field of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of networking experience is required.
- Practical experience deploying MOSIP as a systems integration expert and proven conceptual knowledge of the platform is desirable.
- Experience in DevOps and/or NetDevOps orchestration and automation is desirable.
- Understanding of YANG data modeling and OpenConfig is desirable.
- Understanding of APIs/interface standards such as: SOAP, REST, JSON/XML-RPC, NETCONF, RESTCONF is desirable.
- Experience with multiple architectures and platforms is desirable.
- Experience with Windows and Linux is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills you effortlessly translate complex technical concepts for a non-technical audience is desirable.
- Understanding of software engineering and secure coding practices using Python and/or other object-oriented languages is desirable.
- Experience in networking, routers, switches, gateways, IPS/IDS, firewalls, TCP/IP, SNMP, wired and wireless, and comprehensive knowledge of network architecture and engineering principles is desirable.
- Hands-on experience configuring, managing and troubleshooting routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection, and endpoint protection device is desirable.
- Experience designing, configuring and testing networks is desirable.
- Excellent team player, enjoys working and collaborating in an agile team environment is desirable.
How to Apply UNECA TCND/ Consultant NetDevelOps Engineer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=181790
The Closing Date: 26th May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.