Website United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 20th May 2022 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of TCND/ Consultant Senior Backend Engineer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa|
|Position||TCND/ Consultant Senior Backend Engineer|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||22|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||26th May 2022|
UNECA Job Vacancy 2022
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the guidance of the Director of Technology, Climate Change & Natural Resource Management Division (TCND) and the supervision of the Chief of the Technology and Innovation Section, the Consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Be an active member of the National ID team focused on requirement analysis, design, planning, and building highly scalable backend applications.
- Collaborate with the DevOps engineers to plan, implement, deploy and manage CI/CD pipelines for backend applications.
- Mentor and share knowledge, experiences and best practices with other software engineers, guide and support software engineering interns.
- Be an escalation point for technical issues in production.
- Maintain detailed source code, API and other technical documentation necessary to onboard other engineers.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: TCND/ Consultant Senior Backend Engineer
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 20 May 2022 – 26 May 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Economic Commission for Africa-181795-Consultant
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in a field related to computer science or software engineering or related field or other relevant area is required. A first-level university degree in a field related to computer science or software engineering or related field of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in software engineering experience is required.
- Experience in orchestration and automation especially in a Dell environment is desirable.
- Understanding of APIs/interface standards such as SOAP, REST, JSON/XML-RPC is desirable.
- Experience working with Dell information storage devices and understanding ISM concepts is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering and secure coding practices using Python, Java and other object-oriented languages is desirable.
- Detailed understanding of Hyper-Converged Infrastructure concepts in a Dell environment is desirable.
- Understanding of networking concepts and experience deploying applications on top of Dell networking infrastructure is desirable.
- Experience building and deploying applications for a zero-trust environment and understanding of network security concepts as it relates to Palo Alto firewalls is desirable.
- Excellent team player, enjoys working and collaborating in an agile team environment is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills you effortlessly translate complex technical concepts for a non-technical audience is desirable.
How to Apply UNECA TCND/ Consultant Senior Backend Engineer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=181795
The Closing Date: 26th May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.