Website World Food Programme (WFP)
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 23 January 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Technology Intern to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||1 year|
|Application Deadline||01 February 2023|
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: There are several key themes that the Business in Country Offices (COs) need to enable the Country Strategic Plans and the ongoing operations in the country. Strategically aligning the TEC organization in the field to these needs will ensure CO operations are set up for success. TEC committed to having a technical service that underpins the regional and country operations and ensures that all the WFP staff are enabled to do their day-to-day work efficiently and effectively.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive):
- Collaborate with country offices TEC teams to share information, plan, and provide needful support to implement various Network related activities in RBN region.
- Responsible for maintaining information records such as network infrastructure and statistical databases.
- Work closely with Network Infrastructure Coordinator to provide high level network guidance and support to complete RBN region for prevention and mitigation of threats and abuses on the network.
- Contribute to draft quality focused training material, procedures, instructions, and templates from best practice and disseminate through a Practice Community to Region.
- Resolves support calls related to WFP standard software and hardware including Office 365 Products, email, cloud services, operating systems, laptops, desktops, printers, scanners, smartphones etc.
- Install, assemble, and configure computers, monitors, networks infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware; pull cables and rewire or direct the rewiring of cables as required for new installations and office reconfiguration.
- Adhere to Incident management and change management procedures.
- Diagnose and resolve technical problems, associated with computer hardware and software interrelationships/dependencies and ensure availability to system users.
- Manage and report time accurately as per assignments.
- Assist in internal and external conferences.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Qualification & Experience:
- Currently enrolled in the university and have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies; or have graduated from an undergraduate within the last 6 months in the fields of Information Communication Technologies, Network and Telecommunications, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Currently enrolled in a graduate programme (Master’s degree) from a recognized university, undertaking the programmes mentioned above, and have attended classes in the past 12 months,
- Fluent in English (both oral and written) is a must; knowledge of a second UN language, preferably French, would be an asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Technology Intern Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 01 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.